Manager of the Printing Unit (2 Year Contract)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following vacant position tenable at The Polytechnic, a Constituent College of the University of Malawi.
- Developing and implementing the strategic and marketing plans for the Unit;
- Developing proposals and undertaking income-generating projects;
- Preparing financial and management reports for the Unit;
- Planning, controlling and budgeting for the Centre;
- Identifying needs and providing administrative support to the Unit;
- Assessing projects and identifying best investment portfolios for revenue generated by the Unit;
- Liaising and negotiating with government, commercial banks and donors to secure funding for the Unit;
- Diversifying income generating capacities of the Unit;
- Spinning the Unit to a self sustaining, semi-autonomous entity capable of paying for its liabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Printing, Business Administration, or Management, or Marketing; or City and Guilds /University Diploma in printing with at least 5years experience.
- ability to demonstrate leadership and team building skills;
- experience in interacting with customers at organizational and individual level;
- high level in marketing skills.
Method of Application
Applications together with copies of relevant qualifications and detailed curriculum vitae with three traceable referees should be sent by Friday 15th December, 2017 to:
Private Bag 303