Laboratory Technician - Computing
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following vacant position tenable at The Polytechnic, a Constituent College of the University of Malawi.
- Advanced Diploma in Information Technology or ICT or Computer Electronics or equivalent.
- CCNA Level 4, IT Essentials, A++, Networking Plus or equivalent.
- At least two-years experience in Computer Lab Management/Client Management.
- Hardware/Software/Network Installation and Maintenance are basic requirements.
- Experience in Multi-User Application Packages (like Sage, AutoCAD, SPSS) AND knowledge of Teaching/Training AIDS like Smart Screens and Projectors will be an added advantage.
- Lab Health and Safety Management
- Custodianship and Lab Usage Schedule Management.
- Computer Lad Systems Inventory Managements
- Student and Staff- User Support
- Basic Software/Hardware/Network Troubleshooting
- Systems Installations
- Basic Lab Power Supply Maintenance
- System Upgrading and Backup
- Writing Lab Reports
Method of Application
Applications together with copies of relevant qualifications and detailed curriculum vitae with three traceable referees should be sent by Friday 15th December, 2017 to:
Private Bag 303