The Polytechnic Staff Sports Association
The association aims at providing recreation and getting staff engaged in some light-hearted physical activity by facilitating games and competitions.
- Chairperson: Mrs Prisca Phiri,
- Vice Chairperson: Mr Murray Mwachumu,
- Secretary: Miss Silvia Mandula,
- Vice Secretary: Mrs Sheila Mponela,
- Treasurer: Mr Richard Mulinga,
- Committee Members: Dr. Madalitso Tsakama, Mr Noel Chavula, Mrs Alice Matewere, Mr Alinafe Kaliwo, Mr Yowasi Esaya and the Sports Administrator
Students sports falls under the umbrella of University Sports Association of Malawi where the college is represented in that association by the PSU President, PSU Director of Sports and The Sports Administrator and other students as elected by the AGM of the Association and organizes all sporting events for students to participate in local and international competitions. The college provides all the support, such as transport and playing uniforms, thereby enabling the students to participate in sports.
The college has a football pitch, volleyball, netball, and basketball courts. Several indoor games are available to both staff and students. Other available sporting codes include: chess, pool, darts, hockey, athletics, bawo, table and lawn tennis and weight lifting.
The College has several teams that participate in local leagues. These include PolyCEC Darts Team, Poly Students Darts Team, Poly Bobcats, Poly Panthers Basketball Team, Poly Queens Netball Team, and Poly Troopers Volleyball Team. These teams have won a number of accolades in their respective elite leagues.
The Office of the Sports Administrator
- Provides for overall coordination of all sports at the college
- Arranges for procurement of of sports uniforms and equipment for both students and staff
- Promotion of the sporting culture at the college