Society of Industrial Laboratory Technology Students
|Contacts||0884523864 / 0888381177 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Official Website||Coming soon!|
Society of Industrial Laboratory Technology Students (SILTS) comprises of students studying industrial laboratory technology. It was established in 2017 following the need that was there to expose the program to the industrial world, and the industrial world to BILT students, as the program was newly introduced in the University of Malawi. It was officially launched on 18th May 2018 by the deputy dean of Applied Sciences, Dr H.W.T Mapoma.
Objectives & Aims
- To network with stakeholders in the industry and other industrial laboratory students in Malawi and abroad.
- To build up scientific knowledge in industrial laboratory students.
- To create conscientious minds among members and activate their interest in industrial laboratory studies.
- To enlighten all its members about the program of industrial laboratory technology.
- To assist fellow BILT students in their academic studies.
- Holding regular student get-togethers, lectures, seminars and conventions.
- Acquiring and distributing scientific and industrial literature to all Poly students.
- Promoting BILT scholars and other scholars that are knowledgeable in industrial laboratory technology.
- Organising field trips to various industrial laboratories and communities.
Patron - Mr C. Tenthani
President - Chifuniro Banda
Vice - Peter Chamdula
General Secretary - Gilbert Namamba
Treasurer - Jessie Mtapaonga
Publicity Secretary - Mercy Kause
Chikondi Magombo, Fortunate Kayuni, George Tsakama, Nellie Pulumuka, and Peter Banda