Polytechnic Students Union
|Official Website||Coming soon!|
Polytechnic Students Union is an independent body that looks at the welfare of fellow Polytechnic Students. It acts a bridge between the administration and the students. The union is composed of council and members. The council consists of the Executive Committee, Directors and Representatives. The members consist of Class Representatives, Honorary Members, General Members and Life Members.
To establish an efficient Student’s union that is responsible for the welfare of all Union members as specified in 3.1 while ensuring adherence to the realization of the University of Malawi’s mission and vision cascading to the Polytechnic as follows:
To advance knowledge, understanding, skills and wisdom at the same time, develop positive attitudes towards scientific, technical, technological education, training, research, consultancy and information dissemination, which are accessible and responsive to the needs of the individual, the nation, the region and world as a whole.
To be centre of excellence in the provision of Scientific, commercial, and technological; education and training for sustainable development.
- Developing the interest of the students enrolled at the University of Malawi which are acceptable by the society in line with rules and regulations of University of Malawi.
- Developing unity, mutual understanding and cooperation among all members of academic community and the public as a whole.
- Promoting close working relationships between students;
- Promoting close working relationships between students and other individuals/organizations.
- Ensuring that there is no form of discrimination by race, religion, tribe, academic Interest, sex, language, creed etc.
- Serving as the representative organ of the student’s body before the Polytechnic Administration and the University of Malawi or any other authority in matters concerning their rights such as disciplinary actions etc.
- Regulating and assist various clubs and societies in carrying out various respective functions.
The union is composed of council and members. The council consists of the Executive Committee, Directors and Representatives. The members consist of Class Representatives, Honorary Members, General Members and Life Members.
- Japhet Nthala - President
- Goodson Kumwenda - Vice President
- Neal Kambeta - General Secretary
- Consolata Mthethwa - Financial Controller
- Telvin Gwengwe - Executive Officer
- Innocent Mndala - Director of Health & Sanitation
- Paul Mwayi - Hostels Director
- Brenda Sanudi - Director of Clubs & Societies
- Joseph Kaluzi - Director of Publicity & Publications
- Fexter Banda - Director of Sports
- Kelvin Zuma Zuma - Director of Catering
- Blaston Chirwa - Director of Entertainment
- Kondwani Mangoni - UMSU Male Representative
- Faith Ahmed - UMSU Female Representative
- Mike Chikafa - Mature Representative
- Racheal Nyasulu - Ladies Representative