Polytechnic Association of Land Surveying Students
|0884100741 / 0884941704
PALSS was established in 2015/2016 academic year. By then, the association executives managed to establish connections with the industry, the alumnis and the supporting stuff. In 2016/2017 academic year, came another executive board who invited alumnis from the industry for career talk.
- President – Rashid Kalembo
- Vice President – Hope Kanowa
- Treasurer – Martin Kumchenga
- General Secretary – Webster Howa
- Reach Out and Recruit Officer (ROAR) – Patrick Gondwe
- To contribute to the improvement of Land surveying professional as an instrument to the
- Development in the society.
- To recognizes the fundamental characteristics of the successful Land surveying
- professionals, and to aid in students, the development of these characteristics.
- To advance the study of Land Surveying and the education of Land Surveyors.
- To establish better relations between the Land Surveyors and other professions interested in Land Surveying.
- To seek Affiliation to Professional bodies and hence get student memberships to these bodies.
- To dispel common misperceptions and to inform students about the options and potential benefits of attending graduate school.
- To encourage wherever possible, any movement which will advance the best interest of land surveying professional.
- To actively support, where necessary in the institution of procedures and practices for the improvement of the Land surveying program at the University of Malawi, the Polytechnic.
- Welcoming function for first year students
- Career talks
- Site visitations
Farewell function for the final year students (Galantas)